Sunday, June 6, 2010

Plurality and Necessity

Just to start with the article:
Antipodes
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In geography, the antipodes (from Greek ἀντίποδες,[1] from anti- "opposed" and pous "foot"; pronounced /ænˈtɪpədiːz/) of any place on Earth is the point on the Earth's surface which is diametrically opposite to it. Two points that are antipodal (/ænˈtɪpədəl/) to one another are connected by a straight line running through the centre of the Earth. In the British Isles, "the Antipodes" is often used to refer to Australia and New Zealand, and occasionally South Africa and Zimbabwe, and "Antipodeans" to their inhabitants.

Not sure if this was a real article or just a brochure about how neat ceramics and artist are in Australia. I mean it started with good intentions and then just became a campaign for how innovative and super swell some of the wood-fire potters are in this specific location. I understand as an American that any hierarchy above my own, I'll take immediate offense to it, but really, no one should care or whine about how much attention they are getting. If the work is good then it shouldnt matter where it is from. My personal favorite sculpture is from the Czech Republic. What up with that. He's just a badass and doesnt cry about being from another country than that of the United States of America. Other than the self justification I didn't see much else that I cared about in the article.....

I guess I'll probably hit up McDonald's and grab a Budwiser now.

No comments:

Post a Comment